We are working with Lincolnshire CCGs and health and care partners on designing a framework to meet the needs of the Lincolnshire care home population.
An example of this already happening can be found in the south of Lincoln.
South Lincoln Healthcare PCN have been working in partnership with Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust (LCHS) and NHS Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) since December 2017 to provide the HomeHealth Care Home service.
The service ensures a dedicated team of Advanced Nurse Practitioners and an Occupational Therapist are providing care for the majority of their care home residents, with the support of the registered GP.
Key positive outcomes include:
- closer working with care home staff and other community staff to provide joined up personalised care
- advance care plans in place for more residents
- 98% of residents achieving their first or second choice preferred place of death
- 73% reduction in GP visits
- 23% reduction in A&E attendances and 21% reduction in emergency admissions.*
* These figures are for the whole PCN care home population with 13 out of 17 care homes now covered by the HomeHealth service.